Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Family Night Fun

Every Monday night we have "Family Night." This entails singing, prayers, a short bible/church lesson, reflection, fun time, and usually a treat afterward. Last night we talked about Samuel the Lamanite. He was asked by God to preach to those who were wicked-they did not listen and tried to kill Samuel-but the Lord protected him. Thus the Lord will protect us when we follow His words (the reflection). So for the activity, we acted this out. We all had a blast, enjoyed time together, and learned some valuable life lessons.

Samuel (Travis) who stood on a wall and preached.

While the wicked people (the kids) threw stones and arrows (marshmallows).

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

Amber-you guys are so cute! Way to go having a fun FHE. Our most recent fav was the brother of Jared. Josh wants to read it every night now. And heck ya I'm tagging you! Have fun!

Darrell and Alissa said...

That is a really good idea! We are having to make our FHE's more exciting since the boys have come- we need more hands on- thanks for the cute idea!!

Unknown said...

That is so cute that you all get involved like that. Sometimes Dustin is grouchy about FHE cause our kids are so young but I always try to do it. Elli loves it! Even if its just a simple little lesson, song, and game. She looks forward to monday nights.
Thanks for the post on my blog too. Sometimes I forget I am not alone in my "mothering dilemmas". Its too easy to look at all the good other moms do, their clean houses, and fun activities, but I know we probably all (or most) feel the same! I've just got to put my thoughts into action...

ZooMom3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ZooMom3 said...

fun idea!! My little-uns would probably scarf up the marshmallows before we ever got to throw them - hehe. Great idea, though!