Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trek

Lately our family has been consummed with Trek. What is "Trek"? Trek is re-enacting pioneers coming accross the plains with Handcarts. Now we don't cross the actual plains, but we do dress in actuall Pioneer garb (and no we don't have any affiliation with those crazy FLDS people in Texas) and we build actual handcarts and pull them. Now this event was for all the 14-18 yr old kids in our stake, which was around 300 kids. And all the kids were divided up into "trek families" complete with a "ma and pa." About a year ago Travis and Amber were asked to be a ma and pa for this trek. There was a lot to prepare for, but it all came together and the trek happened.
There was so much that happened in this 4 day period that we are not even going to attempt to hit it all. Amber is currently trying to sort through all the pictures and put together a scrapbook for our "kids". So you are going to get a sneak peak at this and hopefully we'll be able to tell you more about the trek soon.

8 comments:

The Regimballe Family said...

I can't wait to hear more details. How neat for you guys! I love the scrapbook pages too. Are they digital? Glad you had a good time and are back safe and sound!

Unknown said...

I was going to ask the same question, are your scrapbook pages digital? They are way cute. Sounds like a lot of work, but a great experience!
Oh, and yes, I cut my hair. I need to update my main page site with some of our whole family, just trying to work out some quirks!

Jamie said...

I'll bet that was an amazing adventure! I love the pages!!

Kalene said...

HEY! Its nice to see some pictures of what everyone is talking about! And i was like what?! thats my brother!! haha Looks fun and the pages are soo cute!

The Wiser Side said...

Yes they are digital pages done through storytellersclub.com

http://www.DigitaleXpressClub.com?promoID=3110

We'll try to hurry and get some realy pictures up soon. Thanks for all the comliments!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Glad you all survived and came home to all 3 of your kids still alive and well! I don't know how I'd do leaving for the first time for 4 days with out phone service! I keep telling Darrell one day we are going on a Trec- i want the kids to know what was sacrificed for us! On ours when I was in YW we had to cut the chicken's head off, pluck it cook it and eat it! Sounds gross but we were so hungry and it really tasted quite good. Only one little problem when Julie Z had the ax the wrong way and didn't chop the head off, but more just mashed it's head--- good times!!

lrbodine said...

Those digital scrapbook pages look awesome! I've always heard good things from anyone that has gone on the Treks.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

I love your scrapbook pages and what an incredible experience the trek is. I went in 1997 as a youth and it was amazing. How neat that you were called to be ma and pa. Congrats on surviving the trek and I am sure you have made everlasting bonds with your family on the trek.