Thursday, October 2, 2008

Are you ready for some Football!

Travis and Amber have been trying to go to a regular season San Diego Charger (NFL) game since we've been married (8 years), but something kept coming in the way. First Travis thought Amber wouldn't be able to handle a game 8 mo pregnant. Then we were in San Diego for a MNF game against the Dolphins, and a pesky wildfire consumed half of the city. That time we were excited to just be able to get out of San Diego. Then the Chargers went on a bad losing streek making a non-sunday game almost impossible. Finally they started to win again, and life just got in the way-moving, babies, etc. But now the planets aligned and we seized our opportunity- MNF Chargers vs. Jets (with a new quarteback Brett Favre).

We had fabulous seats-row 13 (these are pics from them)


Brett Favre-most of the opposing fans were there only for Brett.

Phillip Rivers and LT handing off. (Chargers)

Fireworks everytime the Chargers scored-we saw these a lot! :o)
The Chargers won 48-29.

Since it was a MNF game, the boys from ESPN were there-Stuart Scott, Steve Young, Emmett Smith. It was fun to have that added excitement.

We had a GREAT time and look forward to going again. Go Chargers!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Laura said...

Amber,
You must be one of the most beautiful people I know. I know the post is not all about you, but about your fun football trip. Still, though, you just glow.

Thanks for sharing the fun pictures!

Have a super weekend. It's supposed to snow tonight!

Darrell and Alissa said...

So much fun!! Finally you guys got to go and SEE a game!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo jealous and would have been there with ya except I had to go to Costa Rica - I watched the game there though. Looked for you & suprised I didn't see you. Miss ya girl!