Sunday, February 24, 2013

~Kennedy's Birthday~!!


Kennedy is 11!!!! How in the world did that happen so fast?!  When she was little, it seemed like we had all the time in the world.  We went for walks all the time, visited friends and neighbors, went to the park and read books.  Then her little brother came along, and sometimes the days seemed to never-end.  Then she started school and someone hit the warp speed button.  And here we are-she's in 5th grade!! Such a good student-loves her friends-such a good girl-loves to read (sometimes too late)-loves to have special time with us-tender hearted-just always such a good sweet girl!

I really want the kids to feel special on their birthdays, and lately I've tried to up the auntie so to speak. So Trav and I wrapped her door in wrapping paper-late the night before-what a good Daddy. And in the morning I found a special meal on Pinterest (that place has helped re-invigorate our family food consumption). And this meal was a GREAT one-Baked Cinnamon Roll Pancakes! So wonderfully amazing!!!

Then I was the dutiful mother and checked Kennedy out of school-yes we played hooky for a few hours-to get her birthday lunch at Liberty Market.  LOVE that place! (Notice how birthdays in our house tend to revolve around food?) So we took the "little kids" with us and went and had a party.  It was such a beautiful day! Feb 1st and we are outside having lunch!

Kennedy shared her ice cream with her siblings and we all enjoyed celebrating her special day.  Later that day, Kennedy was having a late-night party with her friends-that post is to follow.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

So cute, I wish we could eat lunch outside...We are currently in the middle of a blizzard, brrrr! They grow too fast! I am wishing mine would stop at this point! Glad Kennedy had a great Birthday!

cherryl said...

I have been meaning to try those cinnamon roll pancakes... yummm. And NO WAY, 5th grade?? She is all grown up! OK, not really... but I do remember how mature she was for a 4 year old at my house telling me very concerned the naughty things my kids were doing... I can imagine that she is quite a capable young lady.... like her mom. :)