Does anyone else experience this? You look forward to the holidays (and or vacation) for so long, then it comes and it's great, but the time passes all too quickly. And then the day after (usually a Monday) when real life has to start, you're sluggish and somewhat sad. This defiantly happens to our family. We all miss each other because Trav goes to work and Kennedy and Camden go to school; and the pile of laundry is unusually high; and after taking the holiday decorations down your house feels so bare and sad. (We do enjoy the return to routinee-it's just getting there that is hard ;o)
So what do you do to help cope? I call Trav like 20 times during the day. And today I went into super-cleaning mode and stayed busy most of the day. At least I felt accomplished at the end of the day.
So does this happen to you? Or are we alone in this. And what do you do?
(
PS-We had a fabulous vacation-ate too much good food, enjoyed Christmas with each other, went to the zoo, played lots of games, went to San Diego, visited family, and cheered on the Chargers)

4 comments:
WE feel it in our house too- but not so sad at the girls going back to school. They are so excited and it's nice to get back to a normal schedule- I do miss them a little while they are gone though.:) I decided to start back at the gym today- I can barely move! It's so sad to know where I was with lifting weights and all that fun stuff, and I have to start over again. I did pull ups and pulled something in my ab's- won't be doing that again!! We love the Wiser sign- it's really cute!
You look cuter pregnant than I do now, when my baby is almost 2 - what a super mom.
I was dreading today - the return to school. The flexibility and fun of 2.5 weeks almost convinced me we needed to homeschool again. But getting into a routine is actually kind of nice.
I have been in a major cleaning organizing mood this week and not really wanting to do anything else. I haven't figured out how to get out of the post-vacation blues yet!
I have that problem every January. I dread January cause I know the blues are coming. So you are definitely not alone! Been keeping plenty busy though getting used to this new life! Sounds like you had an extra fun filled christmas vacation! No wonder its hard to go back to reality! Tell your cute family hello and we sure wish we were closer to see you more!
Post a Comment